grand rapids, michigan.



as any day at a school should, today started by going to class. jon spoke in a music class today, complete with a little acoustic performance. hopefully jon didn't have to assign homework or give detentions.

after soundcheck, the brothers foreman split off and were both working on new music. tim was in the dressing room on the piano working on a new song idea, while jon was in the main hall with a huge pipe organ. this thing was massive, and sounded amazing.

tonight was one of the first nights with emery. those guys rule. between them, athlete (who also rule very muchly), and switchfoot, this is a great show all around. be excited.

speaking of tonight's show, it was easily best of the tour so far, and jon confirmed this fact from stage. the room had these awesome lights in it that looked like stars, so of course during 'stars', they lit up. good times.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous says

    "hopefully jon didn't have to assign homework or give detentions."

    lol.

    i'll be seeing y'all on may 1!


    Anonymous says

    It really is a great show all around. Emery and Athlete are awesome. With all three acts you're getting an intense variety of amazing music from start to finish!


    Anonymous says

    I want Jon to visit my music class!!


    Anonymous says

    the interview with Jon was great :)
    and yes, the show was AMAZING. best one I've been to yet.


    Melissa says

    Lol, it wasn't a music class -- it was a public interview held in a music classroom. ;)

    That's cool that they actually thought that GR's was the best show yet -- I thought maybe they were just saying that. It was an awesome experience for my first concert ever.

    I also had an important letter delivered to Jon that night in regards to the aforementioned interview -- would it be possible for you to tell me if he received it, Andy? I'd sure appreciate it!


    Anonymous says

    OMG I AM IN THE PICTURE WITH TIM JUMPING!

    that is by far the best concert I have been to yet!

    oh and jerimiah's hands are in the picture.


    Anonymous says

    OMG ME AND RACHEL WENT TO THE CONCERT TOGETHER AND WE BOTH ARE IN THE PICS WITH TIM IN THEM! YOU CAN SEE MY ARMWARMERS!!!! (they are purple and black) JERMIAH WAS IN THEM TO!
    THAT WAS JUST AS GOOD AS THEM WITH RELIENT K AND MABEY EVEN BETTER!!!
    I LOVE TIM,
    Kati


    Anonymous says

    WHOOP! I went to that concert. It was insane amazingg..and i saw Rachel and Kati..and I TOUCHED JON'S ARM! I had to shove my hand through a bunch of other people but I did it =] Swithfoot needs to come to Grand Rapids again..soon =]

    that would be pmws =]